Are you looking to invest in commercial real estate? If so, did you know that 90 percent of transactions involve a broker? To find the best firm to guide you through the process of investing in commercial real estate consider these tips on choosing the best broker.
- Make sure the brokerb s interests are aligned with yours by making your objectives clear.
- Check to see if the firm is driven by sound experience and processes, and not solely instinct. B Ask for samples of the deliverables as well as a lease or purchase and sale negotiation checklist.
- If the firm proposes a team structure get the details on each person’s expertise and role.
- Ask how they measure results. What kind of indicators do they use, and what are the most wanted results andB critical success factors when working with a client?
- Look for evidence that the brokers appreciate the details.
- Find out their experience in negotiation, what techniques they use and an example of a victory from a challenging deal.
- See if they truly listen to clients by checking to see if they survey them and how often.
- Ask specific questions pertaining to their strengths and training to adequately gauge their experience.
- Be clear on how they get compensated; is it according to commission or performance?
To discuss the ways in which Morris Southeast Group can service your commercial real estate needs contact us at 866-930-1426.