Commercial real estate markets all over the country have been mostly flat throughout the year, but even so the National Association of RealtorsB. expects that there will be a positive trend in 2012 due to improving fundamentals which include modest economic growth and job creation.
In their latest publication of Commercial Real Estate Outlook the National Association of Realtors projected that…
- In the office markets
- Vacancy rates in the office sector are expected to fall to 16.1 percent in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Net absorption of office space in the U.S. will be 31.7 million in 2012.
- In the industrial markets
- Industrial vacancy rates are will to decline to 11.7 percent in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Net absorption of industrial space nationally will be 41.2 million in 2012.
- In retail markets
- Retail vacancy rates are likely to decline to 11.8 percent in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Net absorption of retail space will be 13.5 million in 2012. (MSNBC)
To keep track of the latest news in commercial real estate be sure to check back with us each and every week!