In a recent blog post, we showcased five smartphone and tablet apps that have drastically changed the commercial real estate industry. But those are by no means all of the technological innovations geared toward CRE; here are 5 additional apps that are also making an impact:
1. CoStarGo – This tool is a free iPad and iPhone app, but requires a CoStar subscription. Users are able to easily search nearby listings and have results shown on a dynamically updated Google map. CoStarGo also includes handy features such as local market data and even a financial calculator to help investors and agents understand the true cost of a certain property.
2. RCA Commercial Property Search – Real Capital Analytics is a global provider of commercial real estate data. This iPhone and iPad app offers subscribers of RCAnalytics.com data access to commercial property transactions from around the world. Easily analyze comparables across the following property types: Office, Industrial, Retail, Multifamily, Hotels, Senior Living Properties, and sites that are under development.
3. Catylist – With Catylist, commercial agents gain access to a large database of sale/lease listings as well as interactive tools for listing syndication, email communication, reporting, and much more. Catylist PropFeed allows agents to create a private database for listings and completed transactions which can all be easily accessed from a mobile device.
4. 10bii Financial Calculator – In today’s fast-paced industry, the last thing that commercial agents want to tote around is a dedicated calculator. Most agents already have their smartphone, possibly a tablet and a slew of other tools to make their clients’ job easier. The 10bii Financial Calculator, which is available for both Android and iOS devices, allows agents to use an app that has a close resemblance to the HP 10BII, which is used in most CCIM courses. This includes all of the familiar calculations that are necessary to run a successful commercial real estate business.
5. TAS Mobile – If you’re in the retail space, TAS Mobile should likely be high on your list of apps to download. Currently available for iOS devices, it allows agents to quickly access retail data to assess the viability of certain locations based on the competitive landscape of the area. This tool offers a free version that offers access to some local data, but the premium version is much more robust and requires a subscription.
There’s little doubt that mobile apps have allowed commercial real estate agents to be much more efficient and accurate when providing information to their clients. What once took hours to compile can now all be done out in the field, in a matter of minutes. At Morris Southeast Group, we’re constantly looking at the latest commercial real estate innovations to ensure we’re providing optimum service for our clients.
If you’re looking for your next commercial real estate investment or hunting for the perfect office space in South Florida, reach out to our team today. We’d be happy to sit down with you to assess your needs, plus show you how mobile tools can cut a lot of the guess work out of choosing your next space.
To set up an appointment for a free consultation, reach out to our team at 954-474-1776 or email Ken Morris at email@example.com.